Monday, March 10, 2008

Starvin' Marvin

So, T and I tried to go 5 weeks instead of our normal four on our monthly grocery supply this last month. It was all going well in the fourth week but when we got to the fifth we quickly ran out of food. We were both determined to make it through the week though. Saturday finally came and we made our trip to Win.Co. We practically bought the store out because we were so hungry and everything look sooo good. If you want to save money when grocery shopping, DON"T GO HUNGRY!


One of the items we bought was a simple frozen pizza and we decided we would eat that right when we got home. So in the oven it went and after 10 or so minutes out it came. Again, remember we were still very hungry. When the pizza came out of the over our brains must have turned off because the pizza spent a few seconds on the cutting board before we were shoving the blistering hot pizza in our mouths. Though it was hot we didn't care we just wanted some sustenance.


We'll to conclude the story, it is now Monday night and T and I are still complaining about the roof of our mouths being burned. That's two whole days later. And when I say I'm complaining it's because even when my tongue barely brushes the roof it hurts. So, the moral of the story is, when your supper hungry eat something cold.

4 comments:

sean.deburgh@gmail.com said...

Funny stuff...

Kristine said...

ha! I remember the college newly wed days. Hot frozen pizza..... yumm... that stuff is my criptonite.

M said...

i remember those shopping experiences all too well. I always said that the first thing I was going to do differently when G earned a "real" salary was stop shopping at win.co and foo.d for le.ss. I HATE those stores.

Myndi said...

I think J likes those stores a little too much, a little too excited!