Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ode to the Hair

Well, the days of growing my hair out are over. T finally got her wish and we spent this Saturday cutting my mop. I grew it out for almost a year and I have to admit that I kind of liked it long. I thought I would blog and give one last hurrah by posting some pictures of the many hair styles I tried during the growing process.

Not one of my finest hairstyles (but T looks cute)

Hiking hair with bandanna

Cowboy hat hair (looks pretty sweet, I'd say)

Shaggy, messy hair

Slicked back and parted hair (one of my favs.)

Straight hair, aka lead singer of a hit band hair

And here is the conclusion. That's a years worth of hard work. Compare the pile to the clippers and also realize it's a good solid 2-3 inches thick on the floor.

The result! I'm pretending to cry, but if you look hard enough you might be able to see a real tear squeezing out of my eye. I'm not to happy to have a cold head again.

10 comments:

M said...

Freak-what in the world got into you! You're going to have to make friends all over again at school cause no one will recognize you. I actually really liked it long, but I have to admit, the short new do is nice too.

Andrew and Shandee said...

So i'm lying in bed and realize it's sunday night (11:30) and it's time to check your weekly blog update...haha...love it!! K- so i'm not too fond of the "Mr.Rogers" hair-do in front of the fountain and also the cowboy thing, no surprise, I don't like country. BUT...the others are freakin awesome. I'd say #1 is definetly straight, then #2 the slicked back look..dead sexy baby!! hahaha. Short hair is way different but I'm diggin the beard bro!! Is that the next "growing" project??? hmmm... think about it.
Good to see you're the same old Jordan. Take care man- laters

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

hahahaha! finally! I thought you were going to grow it out to the floor! i guess maybe next time. In honest opinion..I thought it looked good until the slicked back version from the cruise pics...then i was like Does Tahsha like that?!!?! I hope you wont let your boys do that...

J said...

You better believe I'm going to let my boys do that. Whatever hairstyle I have, the boys will have also...like father, like son...right?

R said...

Yeah, like father, like son. When are going to do bald, son?
Dad

Shalisa said...

Much better! I approve of the shorter hair! haha.

larissa said...

I like your Dad's comment! So funny! I'm happy for Tahsha. Hopefully, you'll win the bull dog fight now. :)

Myndi said...

My vote is for the slicked back look. DANG! that is sweet.

Metcalf Family said...

I kinda liked the longer hair but can understand if your wife didn't love it. My favorite was straightened ha but looked like you spent too much time doing your hair :) I like the short look too :) I bet you don't fit in with all the tree huggers up there now ;)

The Good Life said...

Its so much better short!!! You should read the talk by elder Perry on simplicity. to paraphrase he said casual dress and grooming is almost always accompanied by casual manners. But seriously, if Tasha likes it short who cares what everyone else thinks??? btw how's school going? Does Tasha like OR?