Sunday, March 8, 2009

Izzy's Pizza...

...plus a whole lot more!

We've had a running joke in our family that anytime you say anything about Izzy's you have to say, "Izzy's Pizza plus a whole lot more." It was their slogan during their commercials. For those readers who have no idea what I'm talking about, Izzy's Pizza plus a whole lot more is a pizza buffet restaurant in the Northwest. It seemed to be much more popular when I was a kid but now seems to have lost it's flavor (no pun intended) over the years. Since moving back to Oregon I have been craving Izzy's Pizza plus a whole lot more. We used to go there as a family and we have great stories about the place. For example, they have a deal that if a child is under the age of 12 then the price is some odd cents per year of age. One time when my dad was paying the bill, the cashier asked if my older sister was under the age of 12. We all looked strangely at each other because she was in fact 18 years of age. I'm pretty sure she still holds a grudge against that cashier.

Anywho, the reason for this post is because T and finally succumbed to my craving for Izzy's Pizza plus a whole lot more. We went last night and as soon as we stepped in the phrase "plus a whole lot more" gained a whole new meaning. I'm going to make a modest estimate in saying 85% of the people would have been considered obese. I'll say, "plus a whole lot more!" Now, I don't mean to be rude or make fun of anyone who eats at Izzy's Pizza plus a whole lot more, but I call it how it is. Sometimes I wonder how buffets stay in business.

Let's just say, I wasn't as impressed as I was when I was younger so I think I'll stay away from Izzy's Pizza plus a whole lot more...and also hit the treadmill a little more often.

(PS. stay tuned for a post about my trip to Washington DC. I tried to write it now but I'm having difficulties uploading images.)

4 comments:

Myndi said...

LOL. I'm super glad you wrote that post because I love being reminded about REALLY funny stories I've forgotten.

But, if I can't sleep tonight because of that darn song running through my head, I'm holding you personally responsible.

Ralina said...

This is the funny side of Jordan. I loved reading this post. Thanks for letting us know not to go here.

M said...

Hilarious post. Yep-same thing happened to us. We moved back Oregon. Saved up some money and waited til we got a coupon in the mail. I was so excited to go! I'll never forget the date even. Halloween 2003. Unfortunately, the food was atrocious and we noticed the same thing about the clientele. And we haven't been back since. Although every once in awhile, I still get a hankerin for the yummy food from years past but then I give myself a reality check. It's no longer as good as it used to be.

♥ Jennifer said...

Hey we're in Austin and were reminiscing about our trip to San Antonio with you two... at johnny rockets, "We could not stay in a hotel. We would do it! Seriously, we would!" haha Cade has the best memory! Hope everything is going well with ya!