Sunday, June 7, 2009

Chef Validation

I know I shouldn't brag but I need to validate T's blog about me cooking. This last Friday a club on campus sponsored a chili, corn bread, and cobbler cook off. I decided to enter into all three categories. I got out of school early Friday, so I slaved away making chili, corn bread, and blackberry cobbler.

My corn bread didn't place, the cobbler came in second (the first place was given to an apple crisp...not even a cobbler...oh well), and the chili came in first. I actually thought that the cobbler had the best chance of winning, and the chili was hit or miss. It was a lot of fun and I'm super excited to actually have taken home a prize for my home cookin'. With both prizes I got $70 to spend at our bookstore.
Winner, Winner, Chili Dinner

Second Place Cobbler

6 comments:

R said...

Big congrats! Can't wait to taste the chili. Like T said, "Cooking is in our genes."

M said...

Are you serious? That is SO cool. I'm totally jealous. I'd love to win a ribbon for cooking.

Bryce said...

What you can cook. why didn't you ever invite me to dinner when you lived in Rexburg.

Nicole W. said...

you are SO funny Jordan! good job....
when are you making us dinner?;)

Myndi said...

Oh my gosh, I am sooooooooo jealous!

That is totally awesome that you won--good job. Are you going to share the recipes because you know my email address; I can keep a secret.

crazymamma said...

ok that is the coolest EVER! i love how all of you in your family ARE sooo "gifted" when it comes to cooking! And seriously chilli sounds soooo good tonight..especially since it has been rainy off and on..soooooo when are you and t going to come over and cook for us..and then we can all play rockband!! woohoo! we have a ton of new songs...:)!!!
(side note to m: i think i will make you a ribbon for cooking..or maybe i can get you a trophy! hahaha)