Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer Update

I can't seem to keep up with this blogging thing.

Here's an update on Camo.

Camo is now 18 months old. He is a talking machine now. He will repeat any word you tell him to. The other day I was washing dishes and he starts yelling my name repeatedly. He will use my name instead of mommy to tell me something. Kind of funny. He also woke up the other morning and said hamburger. J and I both understood, but couldn't figure out where he heard it. I called up my friend who was babysitting for us the night before and sure enough she said they had hamburger for dinner. Another one of his favorites is "Where did so and so go?" He even moves his hands and shrugs his shoulders when he says it. He loves food. It's very difficult get any food out without him begging for it. You would think he would be bigger because of the amount of food he consumes, but not true. We have a shrimp on our hands. I think he just broke the 24 pound mark. Camo still sleeps really well in the night. We put him down at 8 and he usually sleeps until 7 or 8. He naps horrifically though. He loves to swim. My friend just let me have her floaties and he loves them. He can be free and swim wherever he wants. He kicks his legs and dunks his head under the water. He also recently just learned how to lift his legs up and float on his back. He also loves to play with balls. He can dribble, catch, throw, hit a ball of a tee, shoot a basket, and kick a ball. We are hoping he will be athletic. Now onto potty training. I need some advice. Today at the kids club, Camo told the girl, "I pooped." She checked him and he wasn't poopy. He then ran to the corner and about five minutes later she checked him and he was poopy. Do you think he is ready to be potty trained?

J Update
Still in Chiropractic school. He is busy busy busy. Between working in clinics, going to classes, being the Young Men's President, helping a friend with photography, going to sports med events, being a father, being a husband, being a friend, it seems he never really has time for himself. I am so blessed to have such a dedicated husband. When he is given an assignment he gives his everything. He will be done with classes next month and is hoping to get some experience working with another chiropractor for the fall. He then graduates in December. Woo hoo! Now onto finding a real job.

T Update
I'm still personal training at Bally's. Camo really enjoys playing in the kids club while I work. I am working about 20 hours a week and it's just enough to help support J a little bit through school. I love working with people and hope to be able to continue encouraging people to be healthy the rest of my life. When I am not working, I enjoy going to the pool with Camo. Nothing new and exciting with me. J and I are getting excited to go to Seattle here in a couple weeks. We will spend a couple nights in a hotel downtown. We are going to a Mariners game and then doing the city center pass which includes going to the space needle, zoo, museums and a few other fun places. It will be fun to get away just the two of us, but we will definitely miss our Camo!!

Sorry pictures to come. I need to start taking more pictures.


No comments: