Friday, August 3, 2012

Brother's

It has been a month since TJ has been born. It has definitely been an adjustment having two kids at home. I feel that I am just now starting to get the hang of things. TJ has been quite a different baby than Camo was. He cries a lot more and it's hard knowing what to do for him. I am so grateful to have had my mom here for 3 weeks. We got off to a rough start when we brought TJ home and I am so happy that she was here to help. I got mastitis and was down for a few days and on top of that I kept having fainting spells. I think  it was the stress of everything.  I will say that in the last week TJ has gotten better. Maybe it's because I am getting used to it and can find ways to soothe him. He is eating and sleeping well at night which is a definite plus. Last night he only woke up at 4 to eat so he had a good stretch of 5 hours. I am so grateful he sleeps at night because that is what helps me get through his crying during the day. I had an appointment at 3 weeks and he was 8 pounds 9 ozs. and 21 inches long. He really is such a cute baby and we are so happy to have him in our family.

Camo took a couple weeks to adjust to the new baby as well. He was acting up a bit which I think is normal. I think it's hard for him to have to share his parents with another child. In the last week Camo has been better as well. I think he is getting used to having a baby at home. The other day we were at the park and my dad grabbed TJ's carseat to help me get him in the car. Camo started shouting "Mommy, grandpa is taking TJ, we have to get him back." I think he thought grandpa was trying to take him home. LOL.

Camo is getting to be such a big boy. I was just telling J that I can have a full on adult conversation with him. He is so smart. He has been saying the cutest things as well. The other day in the car he said, "Baby TJ is my best friend." That just made me smile as I thought that one day they would be good friends and be able to play together. Camo has been into music lately. He loves to dance and anytime we are out and about and he sees someone playing an instrument he will stop and stare. His favorite instrument right now is the drums. The Children's Museum has a room designated for music with a drum set. He played on that for hours. He still talks about wanting to go back and play the drums. Camo's favorite show right now is Dora the Explorer. Hopefully he is learning some Spanish.:)

 Here are some pictures of the boys. I just realized that I have not taken any pictures with the boys. Hopefully when I decide to dress up for his blessing we will get a few shots with me in some of them. I havn't really been in the mood to have any pictures taken of me.













.

3 comments:

Maren B said...

Changing your diet might really help your baby feel more agreeable (or maybe you already tried that). I went off dairy for Elijah and it made everything better. Sometimes it's just tough, though. And I always feel like I need to eat like crazy while I'm recovering from a birth, and not try to lose any weight for the first month or so, in order to feel well and not get light-headed. Good luck-- I hope TJ continues to get better! I'm so glad he sleeps well at night for yoU!

lynz said...

too cute tahsh!!! brothers are the best and it only gets better from here :) glad you guys are adjusting ok and yay for little tj sleeping through the night!!!!!

alyssa said...

Your boys are so cute! Congrats on the new baby, I am sure you are doing an awesome job!