Thursday, May 16, 2013

Easter

The older my boys get, the more excited I get during the holidays. We started off our Easter weekend with an Easter Egg hunt in Hillsboro. It was a beautiful hot, sunny day.   We like to go to this egg hunt because they always have plenty of candy for the kids. They also do a mom hunt which is an added bonus. They have prizes like spa packages, gift certificates, and I think they even do a diamond ring in one of the eggs. Camo had to go in the older age group because we didn't get there in time. Even being the smallest one he still came out with a lot of candy. When it was time for the mom hunt, my friend Nicole and I were talking strategy. It is very important to be fast in the mom hunt because if not you won't get any eggs. When they started our race I was definitely in the front of the pack, but thought it was smart to go all the way to the back and grab all the eggs and work my way forward. When I got to the back I grabbed one egg and then turned around to see all the moms picking up all the eggs I passed up. Let's just say next year I will not be using that strategy. Ha. The sad thing is, is that the one egg I grabbed only had a small kit kat in it. Not my lucky day I guess. My friend Nicole was able to snag 4 eggs. She got two foot spa certificates so she was nice enough to give me the other one. It was a super fun day. 

That night we dyed Easter eggs with Camo. The following day we let the boys dig into their Easter baskets, went to church, then had a dinner with J's family. The boys did a small Easter egg hunt later that night with all the cousins.  


                                                     Talking strategy(apparently that didn't work)






No comments: