Saturday, April 12, 2008

Welcome the Newest Member of the Family

We have a new member of the family, at least for the next five months. Anyone that knows me knows I love turtles; I have for a long time now. My mom used to buy me little ceramic turtles when I was younger and I had always hoped to have a real one someday. The turtle we have is actually one of my old roommate's. He and his wife were living in the same apartment complex as T and I, but now they are heading to D.C. for summer work. They asked if we would take care of it, and of course I excitedly agreed. This is my first--and hopefully not the last--pet since I've been married. T has never had a pet and never, ever wants one; but I am slowly breaking down her reservations. I have had plenty of pets growing up and would love to have plenty of more in the future. This turtle will be the first of others to come...if T will allow it. I've decide to name him Murtle. Here's a few pictures so you can see him.

I just fed him in this picture and he is at the surface looking for more food.

In this picture he's looking out one side of his tank, probably trying to watch TV.

I'm not sure what he's doing here...I think he's working on his dance moves.

10 comments:

Myndi said...

Uh, I know you pretty well and I had no idea you liked turtles...

This one is pretty sweet, I am jealous. Remember Dolly?

R said...

Cool turtle. Take care of him so you don't have to explain his death to your friend.

Now let's correct your grammar. The turtle is not "actually one of your roommates." Unless your roommates were turtles. You meant roommate's.

And I'm glad your ex-roommate was living in the same apratment complex as his wife. It shouldn't be otherwise.

Such grammar from a college grad!

M said...

That's pretty cool. But I'm with T on the "no pets!" rule.

Buddy LOVES turtles (especially sea ones). But he was concerned that your mustache pic was gone.

J said...

There Dad, I fixed my grammar. Those are the same type of mistakes my english teacher would nail me on. I've got to fix that.

Kristine said...

turtles rock. See him in September! Jake and I hang out with turtles big time.

Metcalf Family said...

well, I'm gonna jump on the NO PETS banwagon!! Here is my reasoning
1. Although I had pets growing up I never had to clean up their poop and never plan to (I deal with enough poop as it is changing Diapers all day)

2. I don't want to have to buy food for an animal, I don't even like to buy food for myself so i'm not about to lug a 50lb bag of food around

3. They STINK... even if they are groomed properly they still smell bad

4. I don't have time to take it for a walk.

5. HAIR HAIR EVERYWHERE

Ok now, these are my reasons RIGHT NOW, BUT once we have older children these thoughts may change but for now taking care of my family is enough. (I'm not an animal hater, except of whatever STUPID animal keeps pooping on my front lawn EVERY NIGHT, I just don't want to add to my stress :)

But good luck getting T to want a dog

The Good Life said...

Ok where are your graduation pics? Are you finished yet? You need a new post. Make me laugh please!

jongofish said...

I think Murtle is very cute. Keep the tank clean! It can get stinky if you don't. :)
Larissa

Nate and Chelsea Peck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nate and Chelsea Peck said...

sorry that was my deleted comment above..cute turtle! how fun for you guys! try not to kill him! :)