Sunday, December 2, 2012

Turkeython 5k

This was my first race post baby and my first 5k. I didn't really think that racing a 5k would be fun. I actually quite enjoyed it and want to run another to try to beat my time. I have always like running longer distances  better than shorter distances because every time I run shorter distances my body builds up lactic acid and makes me feel like puking. I hate that feeling so I always try to avoid racing shorter distances. Not anymore. I actually think the next race I sign up for will be another 5k or 10k. Don't get me wrong, I  loved doing the Sauvie Half last summer, but I think I might stick to shorter distances for awhile. Not to mention it's easier to train for these races with 2 small children that require so much time and attention.



I wasn't so sure how I was going to do come race day. I was feeling a little nervous because I was having some major stomach issues. It might be due to eating Little Ceasar's the night before and having a pumpkin doughnut for breakfast. I know, what was I thinking. The funny thing is, is that it didn't stop me from running 30 seconds faster per mile than most of my training runs. I finished in 24:01. If only I could have pushed it a little harder at the beginning. I say beginning because I was sprinting as fast as I could towards the finish line which goes to show you that I had way too much energy stored up for the end. I could have probably pushed it a little harder at the beginning. I was just so worried about losing steam at the end if I went out too fast.

1 comment:

R said...

Congrats! But did that kid in one of the photos with the medal and drink beat you? Ha Ha!