Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Addendum to the Previous Post

Last night T was watching the news while I was in our bedroom studying. It was quiet and all of a sudden she screamed out "J! Oh my gosh! You have to come see this." She had been waiting up to watch a specific story on the news about used car scams. In light of what had happened to us it was fitting that she was so interested. You'll never guess who the story was about.

Remember the guy who rudely dropped the F-bomb on us because he claimed we had wasted his time. Well guess who just got busted on the news?

Check out this video. Sorry about the commercial at the beginning.



It looks as if Doug was wasting a lot of other peoples time. What nerve to be so disrespectful towards us when all along he knew he was trying to scam us. I'm utterly shocked at such behavior.

It also looks like we dealt with possibly two scammers in our attempt to buy a car.

Just an aside: Sometimes I wonder if people believe my elaborate stories. Well here's proof for at least one of them.

5 comments:

M said...

I was going to ask you if you saw that story. How crazy that you dealt with TWO scammers! Although the story did say that 50% of car ads on craigslist are scams. It's unbelievable.

Metcalf Family said...

yeah pretty much EVERYONE online these days is crazy... and if they have a "story" or have to explain a lot they are lying.. I have dealt with my fair share trying to rent out or basement... the two men living in there now are freakin jerk idiots that lied to me and I believed them... which is rare for me. Now I have two men living there smoking weed... I have to figure out how to get them out... should be fun. I say always follow your instincts. I'm glad you did NOT get suckered into his lies.

Myndi said...

L never believes my stories either.

I think it's weird the scammer guy is still using the same name.

J said...

BTW, the clothes he's wearing in the video are the exact same clothes he wore when we saw him.

jongofish said...

Wow! That is quite a story. You guys are really on top of things and I'm glad you didn't get scammed. It makes me nervous to buy a car from anyone.