Thursday, September 20, 2012

July 4th

We went to Aunt M and G's neighborhood block party again for this 4th of July. It's always a blast because they have a live band, food, and fireworks. This has turned into one of my favorite holidays because of this. Camo had a lot of fun this year. This was his first experience playing with fireworks. The fireworks always scare me, especially when I see all the kids lighting them. I have always had a fear of fire. At the party I was sitting next to my sis in law and I was telling her how nervous I get around fire/fireworks. All of a sudden we look over and my bro in law was trying to light a sparkler, but instead of lighting the sparkler the lighter caught on fire. He dropped the lighter and started to stomp on it with his foot but the fire wasn't going out. Someone then got smart and dropped it into the bucket of water. I was definitely fearing for my bro in laws life plus mine. It actually was quite hilarious after all was said and done. My sis in law and I were laughing about it the rest of the night. Here are a few pictures from the night. I thought Camo might be developing the same fear as me with fire, but he got braver as the night progressed. If you notice in the pictures he was worried at first but then he held the sparkler all by himself. There are no pictures of me because I was a couple days away from my due date. I wasn't about to pose for any pictures.




1 comment:

M said...

That lighter catching on fire still scares me. But remembering how we over-reacted also is one of my favorite memories. So funny!