Monday, July 27, 2009

Cat--Update

The cat had her babies!

We don't know where they are but we have a general idea...I stalked her the other day after she got done eating.

A few days ago she was sitting on our back door mat, as usual in the morning. I gave her food and she just gave it a quick smell, turned, and walked away very limber and slow. I knew she was about to burst as she left without eating. She didn't return to our back door for a couple of days and I really started to get worried.

Finally, on Saturday, she came back. She had obviously had her litter. She was much thinner and practically inhaling the food I gave her. After she ate, she didn't stick around as she normally had. She left...and I followed.

I stalked her two properties over until she spotted me. Then she sat under a bush and just watched me. She was not about to reveal where her babies were. I didn't stay long because I didn't want to make her nervous. She only comes in the morning now to eat, most likely to not leave her babies alone at night.

I'd like to find then before something happens to them. Last night, I saw a raccoon wondering around, which made me nervous. Hopefully the kittens are OK.

I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

2 comments:

Nicole W. said...

that stupid racoon...that made me nervous too. I hope you find her....I ca't wait til you do...I really think she might be under that fence...can you scope it out with a flash light?

Myndi said...

Maybe you should update on your bun in the oven.